Hillingdon Clinical Commissioning Group Governing Body - Friday 6th May 2016
- Funding: The Council’s minimum capital contribution in 2016-17 for Disabled Facilities Grants is £3.457m, but the Council is proposing a further £1.152m, which was approved by the Health and Wellbeing Board in April. The minimum CCG contribution is £16.558m.
- Early identification of susceptibility to disease with a focus on prevention.
- Residents and carers actively involved in care planning.
- Hillingdon Hospital admission only when acutely ill, with shorter stays.
- Fewer people living in residential care.
- Initiatives to encourage older people to be mentally and physically active.
- 3. Out of Hospital Seven Day Working Standard Action Plan 2016-17: This includes:
- Clinical community health support in place prior to discharge: Ensure District Nurse/Community Matron involvement pre-discharge for high risk patients 7–days per week.
- Social care support at Hillingdon Hospital: Ensure this is available 7-days per week.
- Nursing Home admissions: Ensure admissions are possible 7-days per week.
- Sufficient transport: Ensure sufficient capacity to support discharges 7-days per week.
- Development of a joint discharge policy / procedure: Clarity about all roles involved.
- Timely ordering of community equipment: So that it is available on discharge
- Psychiatric Service involvement: Ensure mental health needs are met.
- Develop palliative homecare and hospice provision: For patients who are dying.
- 24/7 access to specific interventions including: Critical care, emergency general surgery, thrombolysis, urgent radiotherapy, and other services
- Radiology / diagnostics: Imaging in-patients within 24 hours and other services.
- Discharge improvement: Use of a single NWL–wide discharge assessment form and other improvements.
- Inpatient Model of Care: Development of evidenced based models of care including consultant requirements.
NB Increased weekend access in Primary Care has previously proven to be of low value.
Published in Hillingdon Clinical Commissioning Group on 18 May 2016. Updated on 28 May 2016