Major Road Works on Ruislip High Street - again!
The second part of the rebuilding of Ruislip High Street road surface is due to start on Monday March 13th and is planned to last for up to 4 months. This will affect the North end of the High Street from the Ickenham Road junction to the roundabout with Bury Street and Eastcote road. As last year, there will be one way operation on the affected part with diversions, see details below:
HOW THE WORK IS PHASED
There are four phases of work, each taking approximately four weeks:
- Phase 1 is the south-bound carriageway between Eastcote Road and Sainsbury’s.
- Phase 2 is the south-bound carriageway from Sainsbury’s to the Ickenham Road junction.
- Phase 3 is the north-bound carriageway from the Ickenham Road junction up to just past Sainsbury’s.
- Phase 4 is the northbound carriageway from just north of Sainsbury’s to Bury Street.
For the duration of the works there will be parking restrictions on the High Street between the Ickenham Road junction and the mini-roundabout, 24 hours a day. The junction between the High Street and The Oaks will also be closed for the entire period in both directions - the only access to The Oaks, including Café Rouge’s car park, will be via Church Avenue or Manor Road. Access at King Edward’s Road junction with the High Street changes during the project:
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 - no right turn out of King Edward’s Road,
- Phase 4 - closed in both directions.
During phases 1 & 2 traffic will still be able to travel north on the High Street. Southbound traffic will need to use the diversion route: Eastcote Road, Windmill Hill and Pembroke Road (shown on the map as a red dotted line). In phases 3 & 4 the opposite situation will apply - traffic will be able to travel south on the High Street, but north-bound traffic will need to use the diversion: Pembroke Road, Windmill Hill and Eastcote Road.
Phases 1 & 2:
- the 331 towards Ruislip will be diverted onto Eastcote Road, along Windmill Hill and then down Pembroke Road to Ruislip Station;
- the H13 towards Northwood Hills will miss out the High Street, Ruislip Station and Windmill Hill and go along Eastcote Road to join its original route;
- the U10 towards Uxbridge will not serve The Oaks and run via Church Avenue and Ickenham Road instead.
There will be a temporary bus stop on Eastcote Road, near St Martin’s Approach, and we have asked for another on Church Avenue. Buses will run as normal in the other direction.
At present we do not have the plans for phases 3 & 4.